13 October 2013

State Tennis Champs

So sorry that DJ and I have been MIA about blogging recently.  We promise to be better :)

This past saturday we spent our entire day at Liberty Park watching state tennis.  Emma and her partner Michelle were in the semi finals at state for 2nd Doubles.

We watched a nail biting semifinal match against Olympus High (seriously, I bit all my nails off!)  It was 7-5 6-7 and then 6-2 in the third set.  Whew!  we were all so stressed for them but it was great tennis and we enjoyed watching them.  It was so exciting to know that they would be playing in the state championship match against Skyview High! We waited around another 30 minutes and watched the final match against Skyview.  All of the girls played so well!  I wish I was that talented at tennis :)  They were up in the first set but then Skyview fought it back and they took it to a tie break.  Emma and Michelle pulled ahead and won the first set 7-6.  The second set they won 6-4 (I think.)  When they won we all just jumped up and down and couldn't believe it.  Emma is such an amazing tennis player.  She has no mercy at the net and gets to everything (it helps that she 6 feet tall and has a wingspan of an albatross.)  She also inspires me with her fairness, good sportsmanship, and kindness to her opponents and teammates.  I want to be more like her because I may or may not have sworn under my breath at the line judge.

We had such a great time and went out to eat Vietnamese Pho with Mom and Dad Harlan.


1 comment:

Julia M. said...

Way to go Emma!!! I would have TOTALLY bitten my nails off, too. Hooray for family time.