22 September 2013

Fruit Stands and Halloween

This weekend was such a success!  DJ and I did so many fun things.

To start:
Saturday Morning- We woke up, grabbed our backpacks and helmets, hopped on our bikes, and rode a couple of miles to Utah's Famous Fruit Way Highway.  We looked around several fruit/vegetable stands and bought peppers, pluots (we'd never had any and they are so delicious!), a white eggplant, green beans, and fresh peaches the size of our two fists.  It was so fun to look at all of the delicious vegetables and fruits and buy a few things that we had never tried.  We didn't bring our camera with us but I took some pictures of our vegetables (I'm starting to get the hang of the lenses and learning a few things on photoshop so it's fun)




Saturday Afternoon- DJ went to work so I drove to Logan to play with Hailey (who is 6 months pregnant, I can't wait to welcome her little girl into the world.)  We got our nails done :) and then crafted for Halloween.  We each made a Halloween wreath.  I am getting so excited for Halloween that I went home and unpacked all of our decorations.  We don't have very many but I've decided that if I buy (or make) one decoration a year for each holiday that eventually I'll have a house full of splendor :)




Sunday- DJ didn't work so we had the entire day together.  He was such a great sport and helped me start another Halloween craft (ok, I know I said I would only do one a year but....I'm just so excited)  We ran out of spray paint and plastic spiders so I'll post a picture of our "spider balls" when we buy more supplies and when the project is complete.

I am just so happy and blessed to have such a wonderful life! Each and everyday I grow in gratitude towards my Heavenly Father for sending me such a perfect loving husband and for blessing us with all of the things that we have.  I've just recently come to the realization that my attitude determines my happiness (I've been told that so many times in my life but I am just starting to get the hang of it.)  I want to enjoy every moment I have in this life with a vivacity and cheerfulness that will lead to no regrets.  I don't want to come to the end of my life and say "Oh!  I wish I would have....."

Love you all!

2 comments:

Julia M. said...

I love you! Hooray for Halloween and fun weekends!

Briana said...

Oh my gosh so fun!!! i wish i could craft it up with you guys!!! i hope you made those spider balls that hailey has...she showed them to me and they are awesome! and i love your fruits and veggies. you'll have to tell me all of the lens secrets you're learning! love you xoxo