18 September 2013

St. George in September

We had another fun filled weekend.  I don't know why, but being a school teacher has given me a new opinion on weekends.  I find that they are essential to my sanity and I have started to do as much fun stuff as I can on my Friday nights, Saturday days, and Sunday rest time :)  I appreciate weekends a heckalot more now that I'm a teacher then I did when I was a college student.

This weekend, we drove down to St. George and spent time with the Harlan family.  Emma had a tennis tournament so we started Saturday morning off with a nice tennis lesson workout and then watched Emma play tennis for most of the afternoon (her and her partner, Michelle, got second place in 2nd Doubles! woot!)  We then played Hailey and Glen at tennis, swam, and went out to eat at Benja's Thai restaurant (if you are ever in St. George you must go to Benja's!)

The next morning we went and hiked/climbed/crawled/explored the lava caves in Snow Canyon Park.  They were so incredible and fun!  DJ and I will definitely go back so we can explore some more and maybe camp with family or friends (anyone wanna join?)  We then drove back to Brigham City.
 Lava Caves!

 The whole fam damily (minus mamma katrina)

Inside the Caves- thank you papa dave's iphone

I love spending time with family and having little adventures.  I'm trying to be better at enjoying the small moments in life that bring happy memories later.  Teaching has helped me so much at enjoying the little precious time I have to spend with my wonderful husband DJ, my amazing Harlan family, and my loving supportive Zolman family.

***on our way to St. George we stopped and visited the other Zolman's (Jon and Con) and their newly born 4 hour old baby Oliver (I adore that name!) They were such a good sports and let us chat and take pictures.***
more pictures to come soon.

1 comment:

Julia M. said...

I'm pretty sure you're the coolest person on the planet. So glad you're enjoying your weekends and that precious new baby! I love you.