15 July 2013

Red Neck

Since DJ and I have both been so busy this summer, we haven't had the opportunity to spend a lot of time doing "summer things"

BUT....

On Saturday, DJ had the night off so he took me out on a date.  I love him oh, so much!  We went to Savannah's BBQ in Logan and ate frickles....fried breaded pickle spears.  Sounds gross, but they were delish!(go and try some if you are ever in Logan)

After dinner we went to the demolition derby at the Cache Valley Fairgrounds.  I had never been to a demolition derby and it was on my bucket list of things to do before I die :)  DJ is such a great husband that he bought tickets and made all of my dreams come true.  

It was so much fun!  I cannot even describe how awesome it was.  It was everything I had hoped for and then some.  We had dirt sprayed in our faces, saw a car catch on fire, and another car flipped over.  I am truly a red neck at heart when it comes to things like this.  We were cheering and oohing and aahhing and gasping!  We haven't had that much fun in awhile.

Here's a picture for your enjoyment....excuse the crazy look in my eyes, it's because I was so crazzzzed by the excitement of it all :)


1 comment:

Briana said...

ohmygosh LOVE this! Ty and I will go to another one with you guys for shore if we ever get the chance!!!