22 May 2012

part one: the fiance




the fiance or fancy as I sometimes call him


his name: David Jr.  Since he's a Jr. we call him DJ, Deej, Dee Jay, or babe.

his age: Younger than me.  Cougar? Yes (but only for him.)

how we met:  Through a friend.  We met at a large group gathering at the beginning of the school year and just became friends.  He was actually suppose to be set up with my younger sister Hailey (who was my roomie at that time.)  Our first date was a week later, his friend thought Hailey to be cute and wanted to ask her out.  Deej thought I was cute so we doubled.  I hadn't laughed so hard in years!  We went to dinner, squeezed to the front of an oggly-awesome concert of Rocket Summer on campus, and then played Xbox Kinect Sports with a larger group of people (I may or may not have tinkled my pants from laughing so hard.)

We then proceeded to attend sport's games, go on Winger's dinner runs, and have movie nights with groups of people.  One night, while watching the fabulous cheesy scary movie "Insidious" he tried to snuggle up. I shut him down. Poor guy.  He didn't "pursue" me further.

when we dated:  after weeks and some months, he dated someone and I dated someone. We had always remained friends and around the holiday season we both became single.  We came to the realization that we liked each other and started seeing each other everyday.  Our "boyfriend/girlfriend" times were bomb-diggity and filled with laughter, heart-to hearts, making dinner, and him filling up my car with gas (vaccuming and cleaning included.)

how he proposed: 29th of February.  He sent me a rose every hour of the day with notes full of "sweet nothings" until he proposed outside in a gazebo surrounded by candles and freshly fallen snow.  I cried and jumped for joy.


I am so lucky and blessed to be engaged and soon to be married to the greatest man on earth!  He is a morning person, kind, loving, never critical, always positive, energy loaded, and thoughtful.  I can't wait till the wedding on June 2nd.




1 comment:

Aaron and Julie said...

You Harlan's and your younger men!!! ;0 Cute love story!!